Thursday, June 9, 2011

The June challenge


Hello everyone! No, I'm not dead nor I disappeared on a tropical island... I'm just undergoing a stressful time with my university exams and sometimes blogging feels like too much distraction, so I took a little break from it. I'm looking forward to the half of July, when my exams will be over.

Anyway, a BIG thank you to everyone that commented on my Ginger skirt, you were all so kind! You also helped me figure out that I should shorten the skirt a couple cms to make it more wearable (although I haven't done this yet, ahem).

Today I have a little announcement, something exciting for this blog: I decided to participate to Stephanie's June Challenge which consists in creating four dresses in June. Yes, I'm VERY late (as usual, I might add), so to be realistic I might not make it and finish the last dress in the first week of July. I hope the other participants will forgive me, if that happens. I decided to take part to the challenge in order to keep myself productive: when I'm stressed, I tend to procrastinate a lot and to waste a bunch of time basically doing nothing. This is going to be a nice incentive to spend my free time more wisely and to do some sewing, which usually relaxes me a lot.

These are the dresses I chose:


♥ Dress 101 from Burda 02/2011
♥ Colette's Parfait
♥ Dress 128 from Burda 05/2011
♥ Dress 117 from Burda 05/2011

And these are the fabric choices I've already made:


A blue/greyish lightweight cotton for the first dress. I want to play a little bit with the stripes (you'll see).


More stripes! This is seersucker, I love its texture and the colour gives me a bit of nautical feel (yes please!).

That's it for now, but expect more soon; after all, I have quite a bit of catching up to do!

6 comments:

  1. good luck with creating all your dresses, so far the pictures look great. can't wait to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress choices. I wish I had the time to make 10 dresses this month. I'm so inspired by everyone's plans. Excited to see your finished dresses, even if it'll be in July ;). Don't stress yourself and good luck with your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently sewed dress 101 from Burda 02/2011 and it's the best ! I posted it today on my blog if you want to have a look...
    It's such a great style, I'm pretty sure I will make it again.
    Good luck with yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @charlotteauzou
    Wow, I hadn't seen it yet, but it's beautiful, just as every other version I've seen! I hope to finish mine this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the second dress you picked! the pattern is so cute, and love the pockets. and i just love your ginger skirt! what a great color choice - lemon yellow and white piping! and it looks great on you.

    i hope you won't be too stressed with collage work! :)

    xo
    chie

    ReplyDelete
  6. A chi lo dici! Questo รจ un periodaccio anche per me :( troppe cose da fare!
    I modelli che hai scelto sembrano proprio belli, non vedo l'ora di vederli finiti :)
    in bocca al lupo per il challenge e per gli esami!

    ReplyDelete