Thursday, December 22, 2011

The cutest thing I've ever sewn


... is, without a doubt, this little pouch right here. After completing it, I had a very narcissistic moment in which I could not stop looking at it, opening and closing the zipper or just holding it in my hands. It might sound crazy, but if you're crafty people then it must have happened to you as well. Sometimes you're just too proud of yourself, and there's nothing wrong about it, right?


Anyway, the pattern I used for this beauty is the Spring Forest Clutch by Napkitten and I strongly recommend it. Be aware that it's an intermediate/advanced level pattern. If you're a beginner, it might be quite frustrating. It took me a good three hours to complete my first pouch!


But as you can see, I loved the design enough to make more than one. The first one, my favorite (which features the same bias binding I used for my Darling Ranges Dress), is for sale in my shop; the second one is a custom order from my lovely cousin, who has a beautiful bathroom decorated in black and green, so she wanted a makeup pouch that went with the room.
Finally, the third one, a mix of edgy and romantic, is going to be a Christmas present for my boyfriend's mother. I hope she likes it!

14 comments:

  1. You did a great job! And you have the best luck finding new pattern designers on etsy it seems

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I can understand why you couldn't stop staring at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i know that feeling..
    i'm having it right now
    ..
    finished a skirt an hour ago
    and i'm so happy with how it turned out
    that i refuse to take it of
    and go to sleep
    (it's 4:30 am)
    ..
    lovely pouches, btw :)
    really well made
    wish i have the patience to make small detailed things
    but i rather spend a day making coat
    then 3 hours making something with tiny details that requires patience and precision

    ReplyDelete
  4. @molly
    Thanks! I really enjoy finding new patterns and this etsy seller struck me with her unusual designs. Plus, she's very kind.

    @agoodwardrobe.com
    Thanks! Not everybody gets that, I'm afraid :)

    @mokosha
    Yep, it's such a good feeling! :)
    It does take a lot of patience, but I like to alternate between sewing clothes and accessories. I get bored very easily...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's just gorgeous! Am very tempted but am beginner/intermediate (I think!). What would you say are the trickiest parts?

    ReplyDelete
  6. รจ proprio carina, mi piacciono tutte molto!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous! I love the bias tape you used. Great inspiration - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Stitchandwitter
    The zipper insertion is definitely the trickiest part, because you have to sew it on a curved surface and it has to look good with the piping.
    If you really like it, do try it! The instructions are very good. Maybe it will only take you a little longer to make it.

    @Giulia
    Grazie, Giulia! :)

    @Scared Stitchless
    Thank you for your lovely comment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that's super, super cute! Don't think my skills are up to it, just yet, but definitely bookmarking for later! Your boyfriend's mom will love her pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. If she doesn't love it, I'll take it :) It's adorable! Love the lining especially, such a nice touch!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. @gingermakes
    Thanks! Can't wait to see what your version will look like :)

    @Eva
    Thank you!

    @skippysays
    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, these are to die for. Love the grey-pink combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those pouches are super cute! I know exactly what you mean with the narcissistic feeling :) happens to me too

    ReplyDelete