Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sureau Sew-along: Wrap up


Today I was supposed to post one last alteration, but since I haven't had the time to put together a decent tutorial on horizontal pleats, instead of doing something half assed, I'll just give you a link to a beautifully made tutorial written by Esther on the subject.
We're still friends, right? :)

Source

And so... we're officially done!
For a recap of all the posts, you can either click on the button in the sidebar or on the "Sureau Sew-along" tab you can find under the blog banner.

I hope you enjoyed the sew-along and you found the posts useful. I sure learnt a lot from this month, it was stressing but fulfilling at the same time. I hope there will be another sew-along on this blog sooner or later!
She already knows this, but I want to thank Eléonore one last time for support and patience, and her general awesomeness.


I noticed a general lack of comments from you guys, but I really really hope you had fun and I'll see many Sureau pop up on your blogs and on the Flickr group.
Personally, I have three Sureau to show, so cross your fingers for the weather to get nicer in the next few days, after a week of rain, so I can photograph them.

Eléonore and I want to celebrate your efforts and feature your finished dresses on our blogs during the week of December 10th. I hope it's enough time for everyone to finish their Sureau and post about it. If you don't want to share your photos on the Flickr group, please send us a picture or a link to a blog post if you'd like to be featured either here or on Deer and Doe.

Thank you, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I'm not sewing along, but I enjoyed the series of posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this series will be handy if I decide to sew up this pattern in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just bought the pattern, these posts are going to be so helpful in the next couple of weeks, thanks so much x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anna, I've loved the sewalong so thanks to both you and Eleonore. I'm hoping to finish my dress in the next few days (the pockets and side zip have slowed me down loads!!) but would LOVE to be featured on your blog - just hope my dress is good enough! Anyway, thanks again and I'll be posting my finished dress on Flickr soon. Can't wait to see your three as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this sew-along and your hard work. I learnt a lot. I finished my sureau today and I'm totally in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank YOU for doing this!

    I love this series, and can't wait until I have time to photograph my own Sureau. It's the blouse version, with a peplum skirt I drafted. Little children who live in my house - and whom I have to raise, on account of, ahem, they came out of me - do not permit me to wear dresses as much as I'd like. Luckily lots of dresses convert into a blouse nicely! -- kata of kate-and-rose.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this pattern and it fits like a dream with no alterations! Great sewalong!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the sewalong, I enjoyed it very much. I finished mine and wore it on friday, but 2° C is too cold for cotton, so any thoughts on fabric that is more winter resistent? I'll post on nobutterfly.blogspot.com and put the picture in the pool

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the sew along! I am behind due to the holidays. I have my muslin cut out. It time to sew. I would not have attempted the pattern without you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw, thank you for your comment, and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could use a light weight wool!
    I do wear light dresses in cold weather, I just layer a lot (cami + slip + very warm tights + thick cardigan + scarf), but it's not for everyone...

    ReplyDelete