Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Little blue riding hood


How original: I made another dress from one of Colette Patterns! This time I used the Macaron pattern and it wasn't my first time, so I managed to whip it up in about three-four hours.
This time I used a black knit and a lightweight blue cotton which is supposed to be, once again, a Valentino fabric (that's what I was told by the lovely lady who sold it to me for a very good price).
Anyway, designer fabric or not, I love it! I think I could make a dozen dresses from this pattern and wear them all year long. They are extremely comfortable to wear, yet very feminine and flattering.


A big thank you to my friend Ilaria, who told me that these photos have a Little Red Rigind Hood feel to them... I liked her comment so much that it became the title of this post.
Lately, I feel very inspired by these woods that surround my parents' house, so you'll probably see them often!


I probably shouldn't post this last photo because I look very silly, but while I was shooting, my dog was running around acting funny... For those of you who have dogs, do they ever slide on their ass? Mine does it a lot and every time I can't stop laughing!

13 comments:

  1. I love the Macaron Pattern! I think it's my favorite thing to sew. Really versatile and I always imagine it in a million different colourways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stevie
    I'm glad I'm not the only Macaron fanatic! I think I'll do at least a third version using lace or something sheer for the top part.
    And I forgot to write about the hidden pockets... Aren't they THE BEST? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! I was wondering if you sewed the dress on your new facebook picture! It is adorable! <3 I would buy it at once, if I saw it anywhere. ;) I should really try the Macaron, too. I already made the Rooibos and the Beignet. Unfortunately, I am totally broke, though it is just the beginning of this month! >_<...so that will have to wait! :)...by the way, you can look forward to open your mailbox very, very soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nette
    Thank you! Did you post any photos of the Beignet and Rooibos you did? I'm curious! I think you could do great things with the Macaron pattern!
    Yay! Today I saw the photos of the package you sent to Chie and I'm thrilled. I'll be home on friday and I can't wait to open your gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Paunnet
    I didn't have a blog at that time, but I posted them on burdastyle:

    http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/my-mossy-rooibos-colette

    http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/my-blue-beignet-colette

    Sorry, for the facial expression on the rooibos photo!...I guess, it was already too late that day to take photos! :)
    I really like the rooibos pattern and can only recommend it. The beignet did not really turn out, as I would have liked, but after seeing Tilly's uncountable versions, I am surely giving it a try again, soon! :)
    Have you tried other patterns of Colette besides the macaron?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @nette
    They are both adorable!!! <3
    I made two Beignet (one is on Burdastyle) which I haven't worn that much, a Rooibos and a Chantilly that are documented on the blog, and a couple Sencha that didn't turn out as I wished. Now I'd really like to try the Ceylon dress although I dont' have the perfect fabric yet and all those buttons look like a pain in the bum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful! I haven't tried a Colette pattern yet, but I'll have to! Haha my dog does that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks great! I love the blue fabric. And your last photo is cute - I think an 'action' shot always looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love the blue print. And your boots are awesome, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Paunnet
    hahaha...you are so right, I have the Ceylon pattern too...but it is just too frightening! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty dress plus wonderful relaxing surroundings. love the colors too..my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm going to have to purchase this pattern at some point. I'm so envious every time I see a Macaron dress.
    great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Lorena O'Neal
    Thank you :)
    This pattern is definitely a must-have!

    ReplyDelete