Monday, January 27, 2014

Plantain Babydoll Dress Variation

Size: size 38
Alterations: transformed the t-shirt into a dress with this tutorial
Fabric: mistery knits from my stash

Hey, guys!
Let's start the week with some news I'm really, REALLY excited about: guess who's going to write for the English version of the Deer and Doe blog? Oh, yeah!
I'm going to write some tutorials and explore some pattern variations, yay! My first project was a babydoll dress based on the (free!) Plantain pattern. You can read the tutorial here.

I've been wearing more and more loose clothes lately, so this dress fits perfectly in this new frame of mind. The low neckline and the fitted shoulders make it flattering and feminine, but the babydoll style means it's incredibly comfortable, and versatile too. I've been wearing this both in and outside the house, and it's perfect for both.

The version you see here was a test, made with some cheap knits with my stash, while for the dress you can see on the Deer and Doe blog I was lucky enough to work with some organic jersey from Les Trouvailles d'Amandine. Oh my goodness, that fabric puts to shame all the cheap stuff I've been working with, it's sooo soft, great both to wear and to work with. Not to mention, being quite the ecowarrior, I love the philosophy behind it.

Speaking of Plantain... Have you guys been working your own version? There just a few more days to enter the competition, so hurry up! :)

Taglia: taglia 38
Modifiche: ho trasformato la t-shirt in abito, come illustrato in questo tutorial.
Tessuto: due jersey dalla composizione sconosciuta dalla mia collezione.

Ciao a tutti e buon lunedì!
Vorrei cominciare la settimana con una notizia di cui sono felicissima: indovinate un po' chi scriverà per il blog inglese di Deer and Doe da ora in poi? Eggià!
Sarò l'autrice di qualche tutorial e mostrerò qualche variazione dei cartamodelli esistenti, e il mio primo progetto è un vestito basato sul modello (gratuito!) della t-shirt Plantain. Potete leggere il tutorial completo in inglese qui, e in francese qui.

Ultimamente ho iniziato ad indossare sempre più capi d'abbigliamento un po' più ampi, e questo abito in stile babydoll ricade perfettamente nella categoria. Lo scollo basso e le spalle aderenti lo rendono femminile, mentre la gonna ampia è estremamente comoda. Ho indossato quest'abito sia in casa che fuori, ed è perfetto per una moltitudine di circostanze.

La versione che vedete qui è una prova fatta con del jersey poco costoso che avevo in casa, mentre per la versione per il blog Deer and Doe ho avuto la fortuna di lavorare con del jersey bio di Les Trouvailles d'Amandine. Che stoffa fantastica, fa veramente impallidire il jersey da poco che ho utilizzato finora. E' morbidissima, un piacere sia da cucire che da indossare. Senza contare che, essendo io un po' un'eco-warrior, apprezzo molto la filosofia del suo negozio.

E a proposito di Plantain... State lavorando sulla vostra versione? Questi sono gli ultimi giorni per partecipare alla competizione, perciò sbrigatevi! :)

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I have two Plantains done (the second one I'm so pleased with, have to take those photos soon!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the elbow nudge to fast approaching Valentine's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's lovely. those heart patches are so cute! i'm wearing my plantain at the moment. i still need to get some pics of it tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a cute dress! I just posted about my Plantain - it was my first time working with knits so I just stuck to the pattern and I'm really pleased with the finished t-shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat way to switch up a pattern. Congratulations on the new gig, I'll definitely be following you on the other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats:) also very cute

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being the blogger for the English version of the Deer and Doe blog! So excited!

    Still working on my Plaintain, hopefully I'll have it done in a the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dress! If I was younger, I would sew one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A perfect dress for Valentine's day:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. heart on the sleeve I love it :) frocks like this remind me why sewing is so joyful. You dream it and then you make it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molto carino! Ti seguirò sicuramente anche su Deer&Doe!

    ReplyDelete