Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Featured Sponsor: Urban Cut

Today, I'm really pleased to have a little chat with Stefanie, owner of German-based pattern shop, Urban Cut, and my newest sponsor.

 Please tell us more about yourself (where you're from, hobbies, if you like to sew, etc.)
Hi! I'm Stefanie and I live near the wonderful city of Munich. In 2009 I started to sew and have never stopped ever since. Two years later I started a blog, where I still share my sewing projects.
At the beginning I sewed a lot of breadbaskets and bags. Nowadays I mainly sew my own clothing.

Source
 What made you decide to open Urban Cut?
Last spring, I hosted a sew along together with Alex from Mama Macht Sachen. I wanted to sew the the Robson Coat from Sewaholic and ordered the pattern in Canada. Unfortunately, the pattern got lost on the way to Germany.
I searched for online shops in Germany to get the pattern in time for the sew along, but I didn't find one. So I decided to change this and to do it myself :-) 

 What's the sewing world like in Germany?
There's a great sewing community in Germany, represented by fantastic blogs of wonderful seamstresses. We have a lot of great sewing events, for example the "Me Made Mittwoch" just to mention one - the self made wednesday, where we present our self-made outfits, worn in our everyday life. That's a great source of inspiration and my to-sew list gets longer every week.

✄ How did you select the products for your shop?
I would be lying if I said that my personal taste doesn't have an impact on which products I choose ;-)
I try to have patterns for all levels of sewing experience so that you can find patterns for beginners up to advanced seamstresses. My personal goal is to find new patterns to expand my offer continuously.

✄ What do you see in the future of Urban Cut?
I hope I still discover new designers and can provide wonderful patterns to my customers.
At the moment most of my customers live in Germany, but there is a growing number of orders from different european countries. I'm very happy that my offer appeals to seamstresses and I hope to keep gaining popularity all over Europe.


Thank you, Stefanie!
If, like me, you live in Europe, you might not like to buy patterns from across the Ocean because of shipping costs and time; I usually purchase from the UK, but Germany is closer to me and shipping costs are usually cheaper, so new shops like Urban Cut are a win-win for me!

For those of you who want to do the same, here's a discount code kindly provided by Stefanie:

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment