Saturday, December 24, 2011

Teddy Bear Parfait


For me, going back to a Colette pattern after sewing something else is like meeting a good old friend. I've never hidden my enthousiasm for Sarai's patterns, I guess you'll know it by now if you read my blog.

For my latest sewing project, I went back to the Parfait pattern (see my previous version here) and went from sundress to winter jumper dress. I share the love some bloggers feel for curdoroy (see here and here, among others) and chose this light warm brown (which seems orange in photos, but I swear it isn't). I'm very happy of the final result: it's warm and fuzzy, just like a teddy bear.


The only changes I made to the pattern: I cut heart shaped pockets (thanks Nette for the tutorial) and instead of an invisible zipper, I used a vintage inspired technique: a lapped zipper. I really like how it looks, so I think I'll use this technique more often.
And since today it's Christmas Eve... Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm going to spend tomorrow at my aunt's having our traditional family lunch and gaining a few kilos. Yum!

6 comments:

  1. Although I'm not much of a fan of either corduroy or brown, I must admit the dress looks awesome. Love the heart pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! Love it, especially the pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh! You used my heart shaped pockets! Yay! That dress looks great on you. I really like the warmth of the color and the texture of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I love the heart-shaped pockets.

    ReplyDelete