Sunday, August 26, 2012

Leopard print Pendrell blouse


This week at The Sew Weekly the theme was "collars" and you know I couldn't skip this one.
I finally got around to sew the Pendrell blouse I had previously planned and I'm very happy with the result.
As I wrote in my post, this blouse pattern from Sewaholic is extremely popular, so I don't think I need to write a detailed review on it. But I really, really loved working with it, which seems to be a recurrent feeling with Tasia's pattern. Right now I'd love to try the Alma blouse and the Thurlow trousers, but I'm saving up for other upcoming patterns.



I made view C and drafted a peter pan collar that stops at the shoulder seams, as I didn't want the bulk of a collar in the back. It is a size 6 with no alterations, just 10 cm shorter (the original lenght is a bit crazy, imo).
I used a leopard print silk georgette, which wasn't that difficult to work with and feels so luxurious against the skin.
I really like this blouse! I styled it with trousers because, well, you never see me with trousers and I thought I was a nice change, but it looks really cute with skirts as well. I'm sure I'll wear it a lot this winter.

And while I deserve a pat on the back for sticking to my plans, I'm afraid I'm not going to be as good with the rest of them (except the Macaron). I cut fabrics for three new garments yesterday, and none of them were planned. Oh, well...



16 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love the collar and the fabric looks decadent. Well done. (PS Those shoes are fab!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, sassy but sweet! I've just finished my first Alma, it's such a cute little blouse. I've got Pendrell just need to make it for our Aussie summer which is just around the corner!
    And I've just ordered Banksia & Darling Ranges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blouse! The collar is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is so sweet! I love the '60's vibe! You look so cute in trousers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ma che bella blusa <3 Il colletto è delizioso.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blouse and your styling, as well. I say sew what you're in the mood for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. asewingodyssey.blogspot.co.ukAugust 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

    I really, truly love this blouse! If you ever get bored of it, please pass it on to me ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your top! I'm digging the animal print right now. The collar is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ce haut est superbe ! très bien ajusté, vraiment à ta taille
    c'est tout simple, mais c'est beau ; comme quoi pas besoin de se prendre la tête à faire des trucs compliqués !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - this looks so great! I'm tempted to try it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVEEEEEE everything about this blouse, especially the leopard (I'm a leopard print fan). Leopard print with the peter pan collar = super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on being on Sew Weekly! This blouse is divine. Not only is it leopard print but it's silk georgette. And you paired it so chicly. I like you in pants - platonicly speaking - and definitely think you should wear them more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm usually not a big fan of peter collar pan but you make me loving it ! In this fabric & this model it's perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  14. mi piace!!!




    http://nonsidicepiacere.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete