Saturday, June 18, 2011

Burda 07/2011

Hey, there! I hope you don't mind if I skip another Highlights of the Week post (although I received some positive feedback from Mathilde which made me really happy), but I have some eye candy for you! Yep, that's right: after the disaster of April, we have another good Burda issue, it would seem.
Let's see my favorites:

I love the silhouette, the pockets and the v-neckline in the front and in the back. The panels in the front give the possibility to play a bit more with this pattern (you can use two different fabrics).

This is the designer pattern of the month (by Dice Kayek) and I think it's quite interesting. I don't like how stiff the peplum is on the model and I'm not sure how good it would look on me, but I'd be curious to see.

I would add darts or something to give more definition at the waist, but again, I find this interesting. They even used piping, which is quicly becoming one of my favorite embellishments to use (seen here and here).

A beautiful retro silhoutte, YAY! I'm just afraid that a slit on the side might look vulgar... I'll check when the magazine will arrive.

In other Burda news, do you remember that retro-looking halter dress in the June issue I fell in love with? Mena at the Sew Weekly showed us how to use this pattern to recreate a Modcloth dress. I'm seriously considering to make this after I finish my dresses for the June challenge.

Check back on Monday for my first finished dress for the challenge and a have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment