Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sureau dress Like a Dandy

Pattern: Sureau dress by Deer and Doe
Size: 40, with alterations
Alterations: I altered this pattern significantly during the sewalong I did in 2012. The look is pretty much the same, but I added a bust dart.
Fabric: a FANTASTIC cotton batiste called "Like a Dandy", designed by Atelier Brunette and purchased from my lovely sponsor Supercut.

When my lovely boyfriend made me the ultimate birthday present, a coupon from Supercut, I went straight for the Atelier Brunette fabrics, over which I had been pining for months.
Now, these fabric are very expensive for my standards (but much like Liberty, SO WORTH every cent), so I knew I wasn't gonna experiment with them, and go with T'n'T patterns instead.

My first pairing was one of my favoritest dress patterns, the Sureau by Deer and Doe, with the extremely cute bows of "Like a Dandy". Perfect marriage much?

At this point, there's not much more I can say about the Sureau dress: I made it three times (1, 2, 3) and even hosted a sewalong with Eléonore to make it (if you want to make one for yourself, there's all the information you'll need).


Oh yes, just because the bows on the dress aren't enough, I'm also wearing a bow in my hair 'cause I'm cheesy that way.
And I was actually thinking of creating a little tutorial for it, because it's a pretty great scrap buster for me. 

Now, a few details of the dress:

... and finally, to answer the question you were about to ask: what's with the cute puppy?
If you follow me on Instagram, you already know (because I'm posting some massive puppy spam over there), but this little bundle of joy is called Dora and she's our new family member. 

When my previous dog passed away in November, she left such a void in my life, that I wanted to go and adopt a new pet immediately. But then my family convinced me to wait until Spring, because we can't keep dogs in the house and a harsh, snowy winter is not a good time to get a pet used to their new home.
In the meantime, a friend of my father told us that he bred his Border Collie, and asked us if we wanted a puppy. I've always had a huge soft spot for Border Collies, so I couldn't say no! I want to stress the fact that this was a gift, though, as I would never spend money to buy a dog, when shelters are full of lovely creatures to adopt. 

Bloopers XD
Dora has been with us for three weeks, and while she can be high maintenance (she wants to play ALL THE TIME. And she bites. A LOT.), I am completely in love with her and looking forward to all the time we'll spend together. I started some basic training with her and I'm so proud of her already.

So I hope you won't mind seeing her popping up on IG from time to time and over here to help me model new projects (and if you do, I'm sorry, but something's wrong with you! She's the cutest puppy ever! :D ).

Taglia: 40, con modifiche
Modifiche: Ho modificato parecchio il modello nel corso del sewalong  fatto nel 2012. L'aspetto del modello è pressoché invariato, ma ho aggiunto una pince al busto.
Tessutouna FANTASTICA batista di cotone chiamata "Like a Dandy", design di Atelier Brunette e acquistata dal mio mitico sponsor Supercut

Quando il mio adorato ragazzo mi ha fatto il perfetto regalo di compleanno, un buono da Supercut, mi sono fiondata sui tessuti Atelier Brunette, sui quali sbavavo già da parecchio.
E visto che questi tessuti sono parecchio costosi per i miei standard (ma come il Liberty, valgono ASSOLUTAMENTE il prezzo), sapevo che non mi sarei buttata su qualcosa di sperimentale, bensì su dei modelli amati e consolidati.

La mia prima accoppiata è stata tra i carinissimi fiocchetti del tessuto "Like a Dandy" e il mio adorato abito Sureau di Deer and Doe. Matrimonio perfetto!

A questo punto, non ho più molto da dire su questo modello. L'ho fatto tre volte (123) e ho persino co-curato con Eléonore un sewalong (in cui ci sono tutte le istruzioni di cui potete aver bisogno se volete provare a farlo).

E ovviamente, poiché non ci sono abbastanza fiocchi sul vestito, ne indosso uno anche nei capelli...
Tra l'altro, stavo pensando di preparare un tutorial su come fare questi fiocchetti, poichè a me piace molto portarli e sono un ottimo modo per eliminare i pezzetti di tessuto residui.
Ora, qualche dettaglio dell'abito:

... e per concludere, la risposta alla domanda che stavate per fare: da dove arriva quell'adorabile cagnolino?

Se mi seguite su Instagram, lo saprete già (perchè sto spammando duro con foto del cane), ma questa ciofolina si chiama Dora ed è il nuovo membro della famiglia.

Quando il mio cane è morto a novembre, ha lasciato un vuoto immenso, tanto che avrei voluto immediatamente adottarne un altro. La mia famiglia mi ha convinto ad aspettare la primavera, perchè non possiamo tenere cani in casa e un inverno freddo e nevoso non è il periodo migliore per abituare un animaletto a una nuova casa.
Nel frattempo, un amico di mio padre ha fatto accoppiare il suo Border Collie e ci ha chiesto se volevamo un cucciolo. Ho sempre adorato questa razza, perciò non ho proprio potuto dire di no! Però, vorrei specificare che si è trattato di un regalo: sono il tipo di persona che non spenderebbe MAI soldi per comprare un cane, quando ci sono canili interi pieni di creaturine adorabili da adottare. 

Bloopers XD
Dora è con noi da tre settimane, e anche se può essere impegnativa da gestire (vuole giocare tanto. SEMPRE. E morde parecchio), io sono già innamoratisima di lei e non vedo l'ora di passare più tempo possibile con lei. Abbiamo iniziato ad addestrarla con qualche comando di base e ne sono già orgogliosissima.

Perciò spero vi farà piacere vederla spuntare ogni tanto su IG e qui sul blog, ad aiutarmi a mostrarvi i miei nuovi progetti! 

35 comments:

  1. your dress is adorable and I cannot have enough of Dora.. she is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your dress and Dora are incredibly cute! Border collies are awesome, my parents' dog is half dalmatian and half border collie and he's adorable... Too bad he got a dalmatian's brain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beyond loveliness. That fabric looks like heaven. And I want to eat that puppy, in a non-creepy, very loving way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boder collies are the best dogs! So smart and friendly :)
    The Sureau looks wonderful on you as always

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS dress!! I really love that color on you!!! And what a precious puppy. I wish I could just cuddle with her through the screen! Seeing her squirm reminds me of my pups when they were tiny (they are 4 and 5 now - and boxer dogs, so they're pretty big, although they still love to cuddle). The thing I remember the most about the puppy phase is how EARLY they wake up every morning!! Full of energy and ready to play at 5am. :/ hehehehe... I can't wait to see more pictures of baby Dora!! I know she will grow up fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your Sureau is perfect, fabric and fit. Beautiful. You've reminded me that I've got this pattern and haven't made it yet. And I adore Dora ! She's gorgeous and I'm so happy for you !! Must be amazing to have a new furry friend. Happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty dress! Dora is delightful, she looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful dress. I just finished my first Sureau and I love it. It's a great pattern and can see myself making more of them in the near future. Oh and your wee dog is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the perfect dress for you! You've really done justice to this beautiful fabric! And your pup is SO CUTE! I hope you flood Instagram with pictures of her! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is the kind of dog I am dreaming to have one day!! well, when my kids fly the coop! because I would not be able to deal with 2 kids and a dog!!
    love your sureau, made one myself last summer and love it! did you find you needed to line it or is this fabric thick enough? grazie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DORA! She is soooo cute! a-DORA-ble even (groooan I know - lol)! We must be on the same sewing wavelength b/c my last two projects were an Ava top out of "Like a Dandy" and a Sureau dress!! They are a perfect combo on you, and your Sureau fits wonderfully on top! :) Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both your dog and your dress are beautiful! I would love to own both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your new assistant! :) This 'Dandy' Sureau is gorgeous, love those little bows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh I love Dora! And your dress too :) But Dora looks like the cutest puppy ever! I'm sure you'll have some great adventures together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love this dress on you, it's just perfect! and awwww... cutest dog ever!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please keep the cute puppy pictures coming! I'm a dog lover and try to always include a picture of my pup in my blog posts. She is always patiently waiting for me to finish taking pictures so we can continue on our walk, so why not include her! Congrats on the new pup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the dress, the material makes it really nice. And the puppy is really sweat too !

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a pretty dress! And the puppy is adorable. When I looked at the photo where you're holding the puppy I mistook the bows for tiny little bones. :) Weird how your mind can play tricks on you depending on the context. (I was sure they were bows until the puppy photo showed up. Had to look twice then.)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Dora! Border collies are the best dogs. Mine is seven, and they do mellow eventually! They are so smart and funny. Lucky you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it, gorgeous, stunning, I have been admiring Deer and Does patterns for awhile, I might just have to make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, what a cutie (dog and dress)!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your puppy is so cute! I'm looking forward to seeing more fantastic creations with Dora in the frame too. The only reason my dog doesn't appear in more of mine is because he never stays still and is always just a streak in the corner....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Perfect pattern, lovely fabric, gorgeous result!!
    What esle? Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your new Sureau is really lovely, and so you! I wonder if I should add this pattern to my list of future makes, it looks like the perfect seasonal transition dress.
    And your little puppy is the cutest thing ever - feel free to post as many pics as possible of her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute overload! Bow dress and puppy!! Love the fit of this dress on you, obv, you have perfected it! Congrats on your new family member!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, that puppy is so, so cute!! I love those outtake photos, puppies are just darling. Personally, I would appreciate as many photos as possible :) The dress is wonderful too. I had more to say about how great it looks, but I can't remember having been distracted by the perfect little puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OOOOhhhhh!!! Cute puppy!!! And gorgeous Sureau! This dress suits you so well! And I love your latest rendition in this sweet fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on the newest member of your family! Definitely a cute pup that will go with all your me-mades!

    ReplyDelete
  29. PUPPY! I love dogs and my SO and I have been also thinking about adopting a dog sometime soon(as soon as we can afford one). I think Dora robs the spotlight from you this post.
    The dress is fabulous though :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations on Dora joining your family! Puppies are the BEST and I hope we see her lots and lots. Your sureau is as fab as always

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely fabric, I have been looking at it for a while as well... ! Plus I really like your set of pictures - and your doggy is sooooooo cute! No wonder why you can't resist.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is definitely my favourite of your versions of this dress - it's so perfect - great fabric, great fit, great colours - you look gorgeous! :) Congrats on the new puppy - she's the perfect accessory! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ciao Anna fantastico connubio tra il modello che hai scelto e il tessuto. Atelier Brunette fa dei tessuti e delle stampe favolose recentemente sono stata a parigi e ho potuto ammirarle dal vivo sono fantastiche!!! Mi piace molto il tuo stile sia per i modelli che scegli che per gli abbinamenti che fai, io sono nuova nel mondo dei blog, spero di poterti conoscere un giorno...Complimenti Davvero!!!

    ReplyDelete