Thursday, March 10, 2011

Swing dress show time


Here it is, my swing dress! I took my time with this dress and it hasn't been the easiest process, but now it's done. I'm not 100% satisfied with it (expecially with the fit at the waist), but maybe I need some time to grow accustomed to it. That sometimes happens to me with the stuff I sew: it requires a lot of time and hard work, that when it's finished, I need a little while to fall in love with it again.
Eccolo qui, il mio "swing dress"! Non mi sono messa fretta e non è stato un processo semplicissimo, ma è finalmente completato. Non sono soddisfatta al 100% (specialmente per come mi sta in vita), ma forse ho solo bisogno di un po' di tempo per affezionarmici; a volte mi succede con le cose che cucio: richiedono così tanto tempo e fatica che quando ho finito, mi ci vuole un po' per amarle di nuovo.


I'm really sorry for the crappy bedroom pictures, but spring is still very shy here: I took these photos on monday and it was snowing outside! My hair was also not collaborating, but enough with the excuses! I promise I'll put more effort in my pictures, but I hope you'll like these anyway.
Mi spiace un sacco di dover pubblicare queste foto un po' penose scattate in camera da letto, ma la primavera qui è ancora decisamente lontana: lunedì, quando ho scattato queste foto, stava nevicando. E non parliamo dei miei capelli che non volevano collaborare... Insomma, basta scuse! Prometto di impegnarmi di più con le foto, ma per il momento spero che queste vi piacciano!


The zipper is hand sewn using a prickstitch. I avoided an invisible zipper because I always manage to make a mess with them. This detail goes well with the vintage feel of the dress.
Un dettaglio della zip, cucita a mano. Ho evitato una lampo invisibile perchè ho sempre dei problemi a metterle decentemente. Inoltre questa si accorda meglio con lo stile vintage del vestito.


A detail of the inside: I underlined the dress in white lightweight cotton. I also used the fashion fabric to conceal the interfaced midsection, as suggested by Casey.
Un'immagine dell'interno: ho rinforzato la stoffa con del cotone bianco molto sottile. Per coprire la parte rinforzata della cintura ho usato la stoffa a fantasia, come suggerito da Casey


And then, the last touch: I sewed one of the labels I made for my shops.
Infine, la firma dell'artista: ho approfittato di una delle etichette che uso per i miei negozi.

Casey, thank you so much for hosting this sewalong, it was a beautiful experience! I hope it won't be the last on your blog!
Un grazie enorme a Casey per aver organizzato questo sewalong, è stata una bellissima esperienza! Spero non sia l'ultima guidata da te!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! I love all the details, especially your custom label. :) I hope to have my dress finished...someday! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma che bel lavoro! Complimenti, sei bravissima!!
    Un bacio

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mia
    Thannk you so much! Looking forward to see your version!
    @Virginia
    Grazie mille, che gentile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Nice to see a version with short sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it and love how you styled it with the red peep toe pumps! you motivated me to make my own swing dress:)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete